If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Glimmers of Hope

We run a Youth Alpha course, and youth club at our corps - and I have to say that sometimes I listen to the things that are going on in the lives of our young people and just feel like crying. I know they need God, but it's getting them to realise that too that's the tricky part.

This post, however, is not meant to be depressing. I want to give thanks to God for the glimmers of hope we see. I thank him for the questions the young people are asking about faith. I want to thank him for the fact that they are comfortable with us reading the bible in the "God spot" at youth club. I want to thank him for the maturity and sense of justice that I see in some.

The front line sometimes moves very slowly, but it is moving.

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home