If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Salvation Army news sites/pages?

Can anyone direct me to (regularly updated) SA news sites? I'm really struggling to find out what the SA is doing anywhere but Australia, USA, Canada and Britain. And even then, it's usually only the standard things that we've been doing for decades (no offense, a lot of those things are GOOD things to be doing)... stuff like wandering the streets handing out sandwiches, for example, get consigned to internet oblivion. Unless you know where to look... and I obviously don't!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

: ) Actually, I think this IS the place to look! As far as I know, you're the first person to think of this!

10:21 pm

 
Blogger Naomi said...

*chuckle* Yeah, I was just hoping to find a few 'local news' type sites to see what's going on. So far blog-trawling seems to be the only viable news-gathering method. I did find the HeilsArmee site for Germany, but I think I'll need to improve my German to find out if there's anything useful there - d'oh!

9:05 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this will help - it night only get major news stories, but on Google you can ask it to send you stories when it "hits" certain key words. I get a daily digest of Salvation Army news that Google picks up from its searches.

Just an idea!
Blessings!
Melissa F.

1:27 pm

 
Blogger Naomi said...

That's a good idea, Melissa - thanks! :)

4:06 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home