If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

Friday, October 14, 2005

A Slightly Longer Update

I really need to go OUT for lunch today, but I wanted to share a bit of what I learnt last night, now that I've had time to get it a bit straighter in my mind.

First, God seems to've been putting similar ideas into the minds of many people. Apparently, there are a LOT of people with a heart for our 'dodgy suburb'.

Second, the current move that's got me so excited is a weekly meeting held with the intention of bringing together all the people who God's been prodding, so we can talk and work together a bit. I think this is a great move when it comes to encouraging and helping each other.

Third, I was reassured to find that the person trying to bring all these people together is someone who strikes me as having much spiritual maturity and life experience. If I hear one more person explaining that 'praying protection' over my family will prevent things such as miscarriage, I may have to beat them to death with my bible. Sigh. What does that have to do with spiritual maturity and life experience? Well, I think that if we truly walk in the steps of the apostles, we'll soon discover that christianity isn't all good feelings, prosperity, and protection from tragedy. God doesn't promise us that in this world.

OK... I'm off to lunch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home